Religious Leaders for Fairness was founded in July 1992 to represent religious
communities which support full human rights of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered (GLBT) persons.
- Supports the Louisville Fairness Campaign
- Lobbies public officials for Fairness legislation
- Monitors actions of religious denominations relative to the inclusion of GLBT persons
- Organized Network of Gay Religious Groups
- Works to build an inter-faith Fairness-supportive community
- Supports Seminarians for Lesbian and Gay Ordination at Louisville Presbyterian Theological Seminary
- Provides counselors and liturgical resources for commitment ceremonines
- Develops and distributes pastoral care for religious leaders and GLBT persons
- Identifies and recommends Fairness-friendly congregations
- Co-sponsored educational events with Dr. Carter Heyward, Dr. Jane Spahr and the musical drama "Home"
- Leads ecumenical worship services and prayer vigils
- Provides educational programs and resources for individuals and congregations
- Participates in Gay Pride Week, March for Justice, National Coming Out Day, AlderWatch
- Received Stonewall Award "1994 Organization of the Year"